Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bong Connection - Dakhineshwar, Kolkata


Thought of starting this new compilation on things that defines or connects me to my roots.

Dakhineshwar, famous for the Kali temple made by Rani Rashmoni many years back. The place where Swami Vivkenanda challenged Ramakrishna Paramahansa about the existence of god! It has it own history. I love this place for its activity. Be it early morning or late night you will always find devotees' waiting for their Gods.

A must visit place for any bong who is visiting home after many years, or leaving home for good. There are 12 Shiva temple infront of the main temple, this is just the a view of the subset.Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

Jai Bengaaaal !!!

I have been to this place.. but did not go inside as it was too crowded that day...

phir jaunga ek bar...

humbl devil said...

nys shot...
:)

Anonymous said...

wow!! it sounds and looks so gr8!

mebbe sme day i will visit this place :)

I am said...

@ Om, Veens - Haan jana zaroor..

megha puNAter" said...

wow lovely pic and a beautiful place.

Kshitiz Anand said...

I love this place. I spent hours there and never seemed to have enough of it. And then the ferry ride across the river over sunset. Very nice memories.

I am said...

@Kshitiz - you bet, I personally like the opposite bank of the temple or river more and being there has/will never be enough to me

I am said...

@Kshitiz - BOSS THANKS A LOT FOR SHARING THE MADHUSHALA, LOVED IT..

aneri_masi said...

I love this picture!

Subhadip said...

I have seen the temple many times, and I am agnostic. But I still go there for the beautiful sunset and for the love of the luchis there. Highly unhygienic but highly tasty.

I am said...

@ B.O'Hemian - Its kochuri !! not LUCHI !! I love it :)

Bhaskar Acharya said...

I've seen other pictures of Dakshineswar, invariably with pigeons aflutter. Your's is a nice perspective/angle. Try dusk or dawn?

I am said...

@ thanks Megha, HD, and Kash

@ Bhaskar - nice to see you here :) will surely try for dawn and dusk next time I am there..and definitely thanks for all the comments u left :)