Thursday, January 24, 2008

A KILLER ON THE ROAD

Dear all

Pleased to inform you that on 20th January 2008, I was able to photograph an adult male tiger in Manas National Park. Well, I had three tiger sighting record in Manas before but none was satisfactory than this simply because this was for the first time I did photograph of wild tiger. On 20th January I was going for my regular field work with my assistants and on crossing Kanchanbari, suddenly a tiger was spotted walking towards us on the main road to Mathanguri. It first watched carefully and then seated for few minutes before walking away on the right side of us. In the mean time I had few clicks………

Enjoy few of those……………
Cheers…….

Jyoti P Das (Field Researcher)
Asian Elephant research and conservation programme

Aaranyak, Guwahati-781028

Assam, India

THIS MAIL MADE MY DAY..........................WHY?

SEE THE ATTACHED SNAPS.....HAD TO BE ARCHIVED HERE....HOPE YOU GUYS LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DID..

I THINK EVERYDAY SPENT AS A WILDLIFER IS WORTHLESS (to me life is worthless) UNLESS YOU SEE A WALKING TIGER ...HAVE SEEN ONLY 'BUTT AND TAIL' DURING MY YEARS IN THIS FIELD...I HAVE DESIRED TO ONLY SEE MORE...MY CURRENT SIGHTINGS SCALE UPTO ONLY 0.01% OF MY SATISFACTION. NOTHING LIKE FACING SUCH MAJESTIC CREATURES (ADULT MALE TIGER OR TUSKER) RIGHT ON FACE..WAAAAAAAAAOOO JUST LOVELY...I AM YET TO HAVE LUCK WITH THIS SHY SPECIES!!

e n j o y (Someday I hope to post my shots of this species here..)

11 comments:

Piercing The Veil said...

heheh must have been a breath taking ... thrilling experience for you ... seizing the moment and holding your shutter ....

congratulations ...
that is something
i wish you coul've gone nearer heheh joking

Reeta Skeeter said...

WOW!
Brilliant!
I have no words!
Mubarak!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. That would have been an amazing experience! Seeing a tiger up front without any steel cages in between!

Anonymous said...

And I am happy for you or what...

I have been to two wildlife parks so far, and the feelings itself is so amazing... any wildlife spotted is over and above that feeling..

and seeing one of these lovely animals is something that I might not have any words for...

Congratulations... and hope you have loads of happy moments ahead too :)

And nicey pictures...

A said...

Okay now, am i confused or everyone else here...I guess ur friend/colleague saw this tiger and clicked him right?

lovely pictures, great creation of God!

Hope you also get to take some pictures like this some day and post the same here...

All the best!

Satanic Angel said...

He's got The Look!

I simply love visiting wildlife sanctuaries. We've been up all night in a tree house at jim corbett, and going on night safaris on other occasions waiting for our luck to shine, but it never did. But I love the expereience nevertheless. The Wild is a place unmatched.

Reeta Skeeter said...

Oooopsie!
Ok Sorry!
Besties to you. May you spot one soon!
Till then please pass on my comment to your colleague!

I am said...

@thanks all

@ Anjuli madam - yes you are right ...:) thanku

Lakshmi said...

its amazing..This is one defining moment when you spot a tiger ..your friend is really lucky..i hopefully wish I can see a tiger this year in the wilds..

Anonymous said...

great pics of rare animal but king of indian jungle...

Tripti said...

yeh to hona hi tha tujhe dekhkar kaun saala sher wahan par rahega !!! tujhe se to sab darte hain