Monday, October 25, 2010

First Time!

So, this was my first hike in Salt Lake City. I was planning on meeting a hiking group..but could not find them.. Pondered for a while, whether to go ahead on my own, without any maps or just go back... after some thoughts I choose the former.. and what I gained is at the end of this trip, was awesome :)

I gained altitude pretty fast.. mainly because I think I was scraping or walking on deer/dog trails !

"Transition" - that's the only constant


"First view of the valley from atop"

Opps.. winter is not over!

Now what Do I do? I HAD to turn back...:(( as at the top of the mountain close to Grandeur peak I was in knee deep snow.... though its unlike of me to accept, but I was scared and I was not wearing anything warm!!!

I had gone up on my feet but came down on my butt, just slide down.. with few tumbles here and there..I survived.. with few blue bruises, here and there..

And the best reward was the next shot..Just when I landed down.. I was just relaxing.. taking a break.. soaking myself with the sight infront of me, came three really handsome guys..

In addition, I was introduced to Zumba.. :)

Moral of the story : Always go up on your feet, but come down on your butt. The pain and trouble will always be worth it with few bruises here and there.. Posted by Picasa

No comments: