Friday, October 10, 2008

C H I C A G O - the unseen celebration

"या देवी सर्वभूतेषु सृष्टीरूपेण संस्थिता । नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नम: ॥ "


Subha Bijaya Dashami to everybody... I had the most memorable Durga Puja in the US, and I have one more to go to 'tomorrow' :) It's like "DOUBLE Cheese (Puja) Burger (Crasher)"


Ticket Please - The CTA in Chicago where the red, blue, green, orange and pink lines meet


Flower Basket - Getting ready for Pushpanjali


The Famous Five - 5 different fruits, vegetables, flowers, rice are supposed to be offered to her during the puja


Puja Essentials - The Famous Hindu (or Lakshmi) Kalash


Danpatra - "No puja or offering is complete without giving Bills be it India or US!"


: The most famous Hindu symbol "" caught in a different form...


Celebration : "happy bongs" "festive moments"


"Darpan Bisharjan on Camera", This is my favourite shot of the event for the 1st half of the 1st day on my 1st visit to Chicago !

More of the trip as I catch up with time and work... Thanks for your comment Kshitiz it pushed me to get to the hard disk and share the Bong Connection part of Chicago !

Happy Dushera and Happy Bijaya Dashami to everybody once again till I come back again. All shots are straight from the SD card.

"E n j o y M a a d i " :)

14 comments:

ceedy said...

Thanks for sharing...hope you had fun

megha puNAter" said...

wow such a beautiful post,tanu.loved some of the photos and all the colours :)

Kshitiz Anand said...

Ohhhh!! I miss Durga Puja so much!!
Nice Pictures... :)

I did what i could do .. wore traditional Indian short kurta..(thanks to Fabindia :P) and also ate sweets at a friend's place.
And we collectively missed India and homes :)

Loved the danparta one.. very nice comp...

I hope you had a great time in Chicago ..
Looking forward to more pics.

~ ॐ ~ said...

very very beautiful pictures !!!!

Glad you were there at the right times :)

Anonymous said...

awesome pics :-)

Subhadip said...

Except for the greenbacks as pranami, and the CTA pic, this set could have been taken in Kolkata. I guess the spirit is same everywhere.

Subho Bijoya :)

I am said...

@ thanks Megha

@ Kshitiz - he he...good u celebrated it in your own way :)

@ Om - thanks

@ Veena - Thanks

@ Subhadip - Subha Bijoya, yupp bong spirit I guess is same every where during puja specially :)

ceedy said...

Where's my comment?

I am said...

@ceedy - sorry CD, I thought I had published your comment. Checked again and realized I had missed it, Sorry, Man. Thanks for dropping by - tanu

ceedy said...

Oh dont be sorry...blogger sometimes is hungry and does eat em comments at random

I am said...

@ cd - he he thanks :)

Tripti said...

Nice ! wish you the same dear

Anonymous said...

nice pix here. Devi Ma's portrait is well composed!

Please rewrite that Mantra as follows:-

या देवी सर्वभूतेषु सृष्टीरूपेण संस्थिता । नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नम: ॥

I am said...

@abhijit - thanks for correcting my bad mantra :)